We try cases and handle appeals in state and federal courts around the country. Where appropriate, our litigators also arbitrate and mediate cases throughout the United States.
Most people are loath to become entangled in a lawsuit, because going to court is a lengthy, expensive and emotionally draining process. But when litigation becomes the only recourse, we forcefully prosecute your claims and defenses. We team up with our clients as tenacious allies and fearlessly pursue their objectives.
We vigorously pursue our clients’ rights at all stages of litigation from pre-litigation investigations and initial filings through discovery, trial and appeal. Where appropriate, all forms of alternative dispute resolution including mediation and arbitration are explored in order to resolve issues.
Litigation Counseling and Management
Often, the best and most cost-efficient litigation posture is to avoid the conduct which leads to litigation in the first place. So, before you start your business down the litigation road, we provide an honest, objective appraisal on whether or not the goal justifies the cost and effort.
But there are times when litigation is advisable or unavoidable. In those cases, we will press the battle audaciously on your behalf. We will collaborate with you and maintain open and honest lines of communication to ensure that your business objectives are understood and prioritized when crafting and executing a litigation strategy.
Wasser | Russ represent clients in New York and across the United States in all manner of disputes, including, to name just a few:
- contract breaches
- commercial disputes
- real estate disputes
- breaches of fiduciary duty
- partnership, shareholder and other internal business relationship disputes
- insurance and reinsurance controversies, both private and regulatory
- estate, gift and inheritance litigation
- commercial lease proceedings and disputes
- buy/sell disputes
- unfair competition and restrictive covenant claims
- commercial collection and enforcement proceedings
- employment matters
- corporate neglect and waste
- fine art and collectibles ownership, provenance, and authenticity disputes